Thursday 27 July 2017

They Say It's Your Birthday

We've just finished two days at Pelee Island where we anchored for the first time on this trip. We had read that the sunsets are fantastic and were not disappointed.





Reg was very nervous but with all the technology on board we would have been notified if we started drifting.  We could even leave Reg's phone on the boat and it would text my phone on shore if we drifted although we weren't sure what we would do about it if that happened!


We found this very reassuring!

We took our folding bikes in the dinghy and rode to the Pelee Island vineyard to celebrate Reg's birthday with a tour and, of course, a tasting. It was a lovely day and we had a great lunch in the courtyard to go with our wine.  A ton of old cheddar, pate, and fresh bread for only $17 for both of us.  I guess they make their money on the wine and the rest just requires them to break even.

Do I get to be an honorary Millennial because I posted my lunch?


Red wine makes giant barrels even more fun than usual!




2 comments:

  1. Flushed with my successful post, I would like to wish Reg a belated happy birthday, he certainly looked very very happy. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day. Reg wanted to bring home a baguette in the basket as we cycled home from the vineyard.

      Delete