Saturday 29 July 2017

She Ain't Pretty but She Gets the Job Done.

No, dear reader, the title does not refer to your author!

Today I cycled around Windsor seeking help for my alternator problem.  Luckily the staff at Part Source were able to put me on to a local auto shop where someone could weld our alternator arm.  The arm has been fixed and reinforced so it should be stronger now.  It looks terrible but appears to work.


Westerbeke sells a replacement arm which I will order one on Monday so we have a spare on board.  All in all this problem only set us back one day.  Not bad. I also got to stock up on my favourite boat supply - Monster tape!  I now have it in black, white, and clear so I think I'm ready for anything.


6 comments:

  1. Amy I am in awe of your indomitable spirit and Reg's seemingly unrelenting good nature.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Amy to get it fixed...I definitely see the engineer in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well spotted Amy. It shows the extra load from that larger alternator coupled with the vibration from a marine diesel. Make sure you have the largest bolts that will fit the holes with good washers and Nyloc nuts. It's good that you have great access to the alternator.

    Have fun going under the Bluewater Bridge!

    TonyW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job getting it fixed to quickly! It might not look too pretty, but the weld is probably as strong or stronger than the original. The adventure continues...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go your guys!
    https://bestfriends1976.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete